Wednesday 20 April 2016

3 Poems by Allen Qing Yuan

IN NOCTE

Astronauts say their dreams are like earth dreams
Where they drift soundlessly in a fifth dimension
Where our love vacuums time

The great pioneers of our people want
To find where these fertile figments fit in the starscape
Good men raging into the good night

Our Blue Marble is only our birthplace
Born from stardust, we are simply searching for our origin
In the Cimmerian shades circling the celestial lights,
We continue our decade-old interstellar Odyssey

Into the night, we go as earthlings
In nocte, we go as Übermensch


WHEN YOU’RE WORKING

I admire the way your soul shines through your midnight nail polish,
adore the way your hair has cozily settled into a messy fist,
don’t mind how your black turtleneck is neck to neck with you,
laugh at how new distressed stonewash jeans de-stress you,
get entranced by that one black earring amidst the sparkling ones,
love the gentleness of your voice that seizes my everything,
love the way your smile cracks me as if I were pavement,
As I crumble into pieces mumbling something so flagrant.


SO HELP ME GOD
We on an ultralight beam, a sunbeam from a starstream
I knit my dreams night-to-night, seam by seam
And even though I coded my spirit in C plus plus
You found my faith, and lit up my trail in trust
My ice keeps me frozen, I’m never going to hell
Chance follows Kanye West, he’s never going to fail
This part is His, nobody else speak
No one can judge
Glory be to God
This is a God dream
This is everything
If he don’t trust you, I’m gon shoot you
I wanna sleep with you in my arms
Your silence is also a charm
I wanna wake up with you in my eyes
You liberate me of my lies
I just wanna feel liberated
Don’t get too loud
I been
thinking
about my
ceilings
I been
sealing
my soul
in layers I cannot unfold
They don’t wanna see me love you
I guess I get what I deserve don’t I?


Bionote

Allen Qing Yuan , born in Vancouver in 1995, is a 2-time Pushcart nominee and the author of Traffic Light (2013). Co-editing Poetry Pacific, Allen currently attends the University of British Columbia as a business major. Since grade 10, Allen has had poetry appear in more than 70 literary publications across 16 countries, which include Cordite Poetry Review, Literary Review of Canada, Shampoo and Spillway.

Allen is also the co-founder of a popular clothing brand Above the Movement. for more, please visit his websites::
- www.facebook.com/Above.The.Movement
- www.abovethemovement.com
- Twitter: @ATMovement


- Instagram: @abovethemovement

No comments:

Post a Comment